Components and equipment that carry potable water from a centralised treatment plant or wells to the point of use require a safe and reliable water supply. Public water systems that use surface or ground water under the direct influence of surface water are required to disinfect water.
Most treatment plant operators chlorinate water using either chlorine gas, or sodium hypochlorite solutions. Each of these disinfectants unleash the power of chlorine chemistry to destroy harmful bacteria and viruses, however public water utilities must meet strict requirements for dosing equipment and monitoring. A chlorine dose too low may allow regrowth of disinfectant-resistant pathogens, excessive biofilm development in distribution systems, or an unpleasant taste in the water. A chlorine dose too high may cause taste and odor problems, distribution pipe degradation, unnecessary disinfection byproducts, and health problems.
Evoqua Water Technologies provides products, systems and solutions to meet regulatory compliance and ensure safe, reliable drinking water.
Evoqua's disinfection technologies can:
- Address specific water treatment needs
- Protect your plant from contamination and other water safety challenges
- Achieve capital cost savings
- Ensure compliance with the current Drinking Water Quality Regulations
- Maintain assets to extend equipment life
- Provide safe, clean water at all times