Trash RakesSee All Intake Screen Systems
The Evoqua Grab Rake is ideally suited for cleaning bar racks at cooling water intake structures, municipal water intake structures and small low-head hydro power stations. Sometimes called a fish rake, this equipment is an industry's first line of defense against logs, leaves, sticks, litter and other large floating debris.
The Grab Style Trash Rake (not sure this needs to be in caps) from Evoqua is designed to easily engage the bar rack to collect debris as it descends down the face of the rack. Debris is then removed during the rake's ascending run and placed into deck-level receptacles.
Grab Style Trash Rakes from Evoqua completely and efficiently remove all types of debris from raw water intakes.
Easy and reliable operation is controlled by an interactive touch screen that controls all operations of the Grab Rake.
Evoqua is an expert in designing control systems, including simple relay logic to PLC's, SCADA and remote diagnostics. Your system will perform efficiently and cost-effectively.
- High speed operation with smooth transitions as a result of VFD controlled acceleration and deceleration in traverse and hoist operations resulting in more efficient debris removal and safer operation due to minimal dropped debris
- Automatic positioning and PLC awareness via RFID flags
- Heavy duty machined grab tooth design for handling large heavy debris, such as logs, without damage
- Standard control logic as well as customized logic for specific site applications, such as dual grabs working simultaneously
- Automatic operation, and/or manual via wireless remote control
- Supports designed to match existing civil structures (L or U style)
- Alternate widths available upon request
Standard Duty Grab Rake, Heavy Duty Grab Rake, Traversing Trash Rake, Stationary Trash Rake
Traversing Trash Rake:
- Traversing machine cleans multiple bar racks
- 2 rope standard duty rake 6'-0" wide
- Requires an inclined bar rack
- Debris collected in an integral hopper or separate cart
- Semi-automatic operation
Stationary Trash Rake:
- Cleans individual bar racks up to 20' wide
- 4 rope heavy duty rake design
- Requires embedded wall guide ways
- Inclined (15 degree standard) or vertical bar racks