HELLBENDER® DAF PumpsSee All Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) Systems
The HELLBENDER® DAF Pump is the new standard for DAF recycle pumps. It is specially designed to be used in dissolved air flotation systems, which are used to remove solids, oils, and greases from water, wastewater, and other waste streams.
- Specially designed to be used in Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) systems, which are used to remove solids, oils, and greases from water, wastewater, and other waste streams.
- Clarified effluent from a DAF unit is pumped by the DAF pump under high pressure. Air is introduced into the pump suction either by an educator loop or by compressed air. The air is sheared into small bubbles by the pump and then dissolved into the water by the high pressure.
- When this air-water solution is released into the incoming waste stream at atmospheric pressure, the air comes out of solution in the form of tiny (~10-50 micron) bubbles. These tiny bubbles attach to oil, grease, and solid particles and float them to the surface of the DAF unit. The floated material is then removed from the surface by a skimming device.
Specially designed to operate at high (~100 psi) pressures and pump water with entrained air without cavitating.
- Capable of achieving 100% of theoretical air-in-water saturation.
- Higher air dissolving efficiency vs. standard centrifugal pumps due to high pressure and unique design.
- Efficiently shears incoming air into smaller bubbles, allowing for large amounts of air to be entrained in the water.
- Simple single-stage, single-impeller design
- Reliable, long life
- Robust 316SS Construction
- Supplied with mechanical seals and IEEE841 premium efficiency motors
- Superior whitewater production with very fine bubbles
- Available as a replacement recycle pump for existing DAF systems, or can be packaged as part of a complete whitewater system for gravity settler/skimmer retrofits