BevCarb® 1240 Coal-Based Granular Activated Carbon for the Beverage MarketSee All Carbon Media
High activity, acid-washed granular activated carbon media manufactured from select grades of bituminous coal.
BevCarb® 1240 activated carbon is an acid washed bituminous coal based carbon that has been specifically developed for the preparation of high purity water for use in the manufacture of beverages. It is especially effective for adsorbing chlorine, chloramines, disinfection by-products, and other trace level organics from municipal water. Being acid washed, BevCarb 1240 activated carbon has a low water soluble ash content, is pH neutral and is free of sulfides.
- Low ash content
- pH neutral
- ANSI/NSF Standard 61 classified for use in potable water applications
- Fully conforms to physical, performance and leachability requirements established by the current ANSI/AWWA B604 (which includes the Food Chemical Codex requirements)
A detailed quality assurance program guarantees consistent quality from lot to lot and shipment to shipment
- Dechlorination/chloramine reduction
- Removal of organic contaminants
- Disinfection by-product (DBP) removal
- High purity water applications
- Beverage processing