The right anode solution for ultrapure water generation
Ultrapure water is widely used across the globe in manufacturing and syntheses for industries including pharmaceuticals, research laboratories, semiconductors and power generation. Magneto’s anodes have been at the centre of the ultrapure water industry for decades and we are therefore perfectly positioned to provide market-leading support to our customers.
Ultrapure water is produced using a process called electrodeionization (EDI), which is similar to electro-dialysis (ED) but contains ion exchange resin in addition. The electric field is applied using electrodes. Magneto’s electrodes, typically with platinum coating, have proven performance in EDI.
The electro-dialysis process is a combination of electrochemical process and dialysis diffusion process. Driven by an external DC electric field, the anion and cation move to the anode and cathode respectively via the selective permeability of the ion exchange membrane (i.e. the cation will pass through the cation exchange membrane and the anion will pass through the anion exchange membrane). In the process of ion migration, if the fixed charge of the membrane is opposite to the charge of the ion, the ion will pass through; if their charges are the same, the ion is rejected, so achieves the diluted solution, concentrated solution or purified solution.
Magneto’s anodes are delivering in the following applications:
- Preparation of ultrapure water by continuous electrodeionization (EDI)
- Electro-dialysis reactor (ED/EDR) for material separation and high-salt wastewater concentration
- Desalination of seawater and brackish water
Our services include:
- Supporting supply of electrode materials for core parts
- Platinum plated and MMO coated electrodes
- Design and production of customized electrode
- Coating design for different current density and life requirements
- Targeted coating design according to different electrolyte and feed liquid system
When quality, cost-effectiveness and reliability is crucial to your operations, you need a trusted partner and Magneto is the answer.