Hydrocyclone Centrifugal SeparatorsSee All VAF™ Screen Filters
Hydrocyclone Separators are effective in removing suspended particles from any flow stream of water where the specific gravity (density) of the particle(s) is heavier than the water it is in; the more significant the difference in the gravity between the water and the particle, the greater the efficiency of the removal process. Depending on the specific gravity of the particle and the viscosity of the flow stream, very small and denser particles can be removed.
Consider a separator's use where any source of water contains contaminants with a weight of 2.6 specific gravity or higher, such as well water to remove sand. Separators are also excellent for use as a pre-removal device for filters with river or ditch water that contain high levels of sand or other large organic debris.
How it Works
Liquids and solids enter the unit and begin traveling in a circular flow. This centrifugal action forces heavier particles downward in a spiral motion to the separation chamber. The particles collect in this separation chamber and are purged from the system. The filtered water is drawn to the separator’s vortex and up through the outlet.
The LCS and CTS series systems incorporate separator technology to offer low cost and low maintenance options for cooling tower basin cleaning.
When used in conjunction with a turbulator eductor nozzle system, a side stream system can provide an efficient method for keeping tower basins clean without interrupting the facilities processes. Significantly reduce maintenance costs, energy costs, chemical usage, and most important, reduce the consumption of what is quickly becoming our most valuable resource: water
- Removal of 98% of solids 2.6 specific gravity and higher at maximum flow rate
- Simple installation
- Heavy duty, corrosion resistant construction for a long service life
- Purge components require routine inspection.
Cooling Tower Treatment Systems
- includes basic painted steel skid, VHS separator, isolation valve and manual purge valve. Options include pre-strainer, auto purge and bag recovery vessel
- includes upgraded epoxy coated steel railed skid, pre-strainer, VHS separator, isolation valve and auto purge valve. Option includes bag recovery vessel