Without the right tools, achieving your water treatment goals can be like swimming upstream. The growing concern for many organizations is lowering operating expenses while still achieving water treatment objectives. A 2013 survey conducted by the American Water Works Association (AWWA) discovered the following main threats to water filtration processes.
- A corroding water/wastewater infrastructure
- Water scarcity and drought
- Recovering the full cost of your investment
- Changes in regulations and liability
- Lack of available funding/budgets
- How to assess and acknowledge your water filtration requirements
- The side effects of not effectively and efficiently filtering the small particles (under 5 µm)
- What microsand media, media filtration, and cross-flow technologies are
- How microsand media coupled with cross-flow technology can provide untapped savings and opportunities for growth within your water treatment objectives
Francis Bordelau holds a Bachelor of Civil Engineering (1991), a Masters of Civil Engineering from Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal (1995), and the PMP credential from the Project Management Institute (2015). He started his career in 1996 as a process engineer and has since held a variety of project management positions at Veolia Water and several prominent engineering firms. In 2015, he started his adventure with Vortisand and has been helping water professionals achieve their water filtration goals one drop at a time.