Evoqua Water Technologies, LLC (the “Company”) is providing you with this Notice At Collection For Applicants Residing In California (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company collects about applicants who reside in California; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice,
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that the Company collects about its applicants, who reside in California, in their capacity as applicants for positions with the Company.
Assistance For Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please contact HRConnect@evoqua.com for assistance.
1. Identifiers And Professional Or Employment-Related Information
1.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, including the following:
- Identifiers: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, signature, online identifier, and Internet Protocol address.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information: resume, evaluations, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, and employment history.
1.2 Purposes of Use:
|Monitoring, Security, And Compliance|
2. Personal Information Categories From Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)
The Company collects categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e) (other than those already listed in “Identifiers,” above) as follows for the corresponding purposes listed below:
- Photograph and physical description: for security and internal identification purposes.
- Medical information: (a) for occupational health surveillance; (b) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; (c) to conduct fitness-for-duty examinations; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
3. Characteristics Of Protected Classifications Under California Or Federal Law
The Company collects information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics.
The Company also uses this Personal Information for purposes including: (a) with respect to disability and/or medical condition, as necessary, to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation; and (b) with respect to age, incidentally to the use of birth date for identity verification.
The Company collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where collection is required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
4. Commercial Information
4.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects commercial information, including the following: records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
4.2 Purposes of Use: reimbursement of travel expenses.
5. Internet Or Other Similar Network Activity
5.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects information about applicants’ use of the Internet or other similar network activity, including the following: browsing history, search history, log in/out and activity on the Company's electronic resources, information regarding an applicant's interaction with an Internet web site, application, or advertisement, and publicly available social media activity.
5.2 Purposes of Use: to monitor use of the Company's information systems and other electronic resources or information systems, to conduct internal audits, to conduct internal investigations, and to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities.
6. Geolocation Data
6.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects geolocation data, including the following: (a) information that can be used to determine a mobile device’s physical location; and (b) information that can be used to determine an applicant’s physical location, for example, through a radio frequency identification (RFID) chip in a security badge.
6.2 Purposes of Use: to confirm that an applicant has arrived and left Company facilities when scheduled, to manage applicant-related emergencies, to monitor the safety of the applicant, and to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities.
7. Sensory Or Surveillance Data
7.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects sensory or surveillance data, including the following: voice-mails, audio/visual recordings of interviews and footage from video surveillance cameras.
7.2 Purposes of Use: for purposes of communications, to protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities and personnel through video surveillance, to evaluate the applicant’s suitability for employment, to monitor compliance with Company policies, and to provide training.
8. Non-Public Education Information
8.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects education information, including the following: academic transcripts, educational discipline records, and academic counseling records.
8.2 Purposes of Use: to evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company and to conduct a pre-employment background check.
9. Profile Data
9.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects profile data for some positions through assessments, including the following: psychological pre-employment testing, sales competency evaluation data, and customer service evaluation data.
9.2 Purposes of Use: to evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company.
10. Background Screening Information
10.1 Personal Information Collected: The Company collects background screening information, including results of the following types of background screening: criminal history; sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history; employment history; drug testing; and educational history. Note: This Notice does not cover background screening governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, which is subject to other notice requirements.
10.2 Purposes of Use: to evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company.
Purposes Potentially Applicable To Any Of The Categories Of Personal Information Listed Above
The Company also may use applicants’ Personal Information to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations and for legal reasons and corporate transactions. These functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- to manage and operate information technology and communications systems, risk management and insurance functions, budgeting, financial management and reporting, strategic planning;
- to manage litigation involving the Company, and other legal disputes and inquiries and to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and
- to manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to the Company's business operations.