Evoqua Water Technologies LLC, ("Evoqua") takes your privacy seriously. We want you to know how we collect, use, share, and protect your personal information.
- What personal information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we share that information
- How we protect that information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
If you do not want us to handle your personal information as described in this policy, please do not use the Site. Personal information is information that could reasonably be used to identify you individually, such as your name, e-mail address, and telephone number.
What Personal Information We Collect
a) Information You Give Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily share with us through the Site. For example, we collect information from you when you create an account or fill out a request form on the Site.
The information we collect from you may include:
- Requests for information: name, company, email address, job function, address, market, substance of question
- Requests for proposals: name, company, email address, phone number, job function, market, type of RFP request, substance of proposal request
- Service and product finder information, including the type of product and location
b) Information We Collect Through Technology On The Site
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. When you access and use the Site, Evoqua and, in some cases, our third-party service providers collect information about how you interact with the Site. We describe below a few of the methods we use to collect information through technology.
When you visit the Site, we collect your device identifier, browser information, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is often associated with the portal you used to enter the Internet, like your Internet service provider (ISP), company, association, or university. While an IP address may reveal your ISP or geographic area, we cannot determine your identity solely based upon your IP address.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
We include small graphic images or other web programming code, called web beacons (also known as "pixel tags", "web bugs" or "clear GIFs"), on the Site. The web beacons are minute graphics with a unique identifier. They are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
We provide more information about cookies in our Cookies Policy here.
Your 'Do Not Track' Browser Setting
We support the Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting. DNT is a preference you can set in your browser's settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal information.
We do track your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. For example, we use web beacons to help us determine what links or advertisers brought you to our Site. We then track your activities on our Site. We also link the personal information you have provided us, for example, your name, with your activities on our Site and on other websites.
c) Information You Provide To A Third Party
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- We use the information we collect to serve our customers and improve your experience on the Site. Some examples include:
- Responding to requests for proposals
- Sending newsletters, both by mail and by email
- Responding to questions
- Addressing complaints
- Improving Evoqua's products and services
- Responding to questions and feedback
- Conducting research and analysis
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Continuously evaluating and improving the online user experience
We will retain your personal information until you request that we delete it as described in the "Your Choices Regarding Personal Information We Collect" section below.
How We Share the Personal Information We Collect
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. The following are some of the ways we share your information:
- Third-Party Service Providers: We will share your personal information with third-party service providers under contract with Evoqua to help us provide services to you. The following are some examples of the types of third-party service providers with which we share your personal information and the our purpose for doing so:
- Data Analytics: We retain third-party service providers to help us perform data analytics regarding your interactions with the Site. For example, Google Analytics may track what pages users visit on the Site and how long they stay there to determine how users use the Site.
- Legal Advice: We may disclose your personal information to an attorney in the process of obtaining legal advice.
- We require these third-party service providers, by written agreement, to provide safeguards for your personal information similar to the ones that we provide.
- Promotions: We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a "Promotion") through the Site that may require providing personal information to register. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. Please read the official rules carefully. If you choose to enter a Promotion, personal information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion's official rules, such as on a winners' list.
- Required Disclosures: We may be required to share personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, civil discovery request, other legal process, or as otherwise required by law.
- Legal Compliance and Protections: We may disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Evoqua, our users, or others. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Corporate Transactions: We reserve the right to disclose and transfer your information, including your personal information:
- To a subsequent owner, co-owner, or operator of the Site or successor database.
- In connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including to any prospective purchasers.
Evoqua does not share your personal information with third parties so that they can use your personal information to advertise the third parties' goods and services to you.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. The Site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Site.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance/Your California Privacy Rights
California residents who use the Site may request that we provide certain information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You can make such a request by mail to: Evoqua, Attention: [insert job title or department name], 181 Thorn Hill Road, Warrendale, PA 15086.
How We Protect the Personal Information We Collect
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have technical, administrative, and physical security measures in place to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use.
For example, access to your personal information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information. Employees with access to personal information are regularly trained and kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to the Site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Your Choices Regarding the Personal Information We Collect
You may contact Customer Service at 855-399-0232 or 781-281-8750 or fill out the contact form to access, update, correct, and delete your personal information.
Webmail: Contact Form
210 Sixth Avenue, Suite 3300
Pittsburgh, PA 15235