The CoMag® System infuses magnetite as a weighing agent into conventional chemical floc, enhancing settling rates and increasing the performance of wastewater and water treatment facilities, while substantially reducing life-cycle costs. It's simple and reliable.
Primarily used to improve primary and/or tertiary treatment, the CoMag System easily integrates with planned or existing facilities, making it easier to solve today’s operational and environmental challenges.
The CoMag System competes effectively with all forms of media and membrane filtration and conventional clarification, and is proven effective for:
- Primary treatment (Chemically Enhanced Primary Treatment)
- Tertiary treatment for polishing secondary effluent
- Stormwater/CSO (combined sewer overflow)
- Wet weather control
- Recycle-reuse applications
- Reverse Osmosis pretreatment
- Drinking Water
- Heavy Metals Removal
View this short video to see the CoMag® System in action! This quick and efficient tertiary treatment produces effluent quality nearly equivalent to ultrafiltration - at a fraction of the capital expense.
The enhanced settling capabilities of the CoMag® System has been proven at municipal and industrial facilities to deliver the following results:
||up to 10x
||up to 20x
||< 1 NTU
||< 0.05 mg/L
||< 2.0 mg/L
||2 Pt-Co Units
| Fecal Coliform
||< 200 Col/100 mL
||< 8 μg/L
||< 80 μg/L
||< 5 μg/L
| UV Transmittance
| Oil and Grease Removal
Key Benefits of the CoMag System:
- Superior Contaminant Removal - Efficiently reduce total suspended solids (TSS), total phosphorus (TP), turbidity, color, pathogens and metals far below conventional treatment.
- Low Costs
- High-rate, ballasted clarification allows for smaller reaction and solids separation tanks, minimal power consumption and moderate chemical use.
- The CoMag System continuously recovers and reuses 99+% of the injected magnetite offering a sustainable process for lower OPEX.
- Improved Productivity - The CoMag System minimizes the risk of upsets and handles a wide range of flows and loads — including peak flow events — with no backwashing, plugging or fouling, no media filters required and almost no effect on contaminant removal performance or operational stability.
- Ultraviolet Enabling - The high transmissivity of the CoMag System effluent reduces energy and operating costs of final purification.
Please see the performance videos, case studies, FAQs on this page, or contact us today.