We recommend the following maintenance schedule
Once a day a technician should take the reading on the backwash counter and filter inlet/outlet pressure, keeping track of the reading in a log book. Once a week a manual backwash should be initiated to ensure the system is performing at optimal efficiencies. During the backwash cycle, the opening and closing of the valves should be verified. Please refer to your operating and maintenance manual for the complete procedure.
Every three months
- The bearing inside the pump's motor should be greased (depending on the pump model).
Every six months
- Verify the media level by opening the victaulic coupling at the back of the filter.
Once a year
- The diaphragm kit for the valves should be changed.
- Inspect entire system operation.
- Inspect system for leaks.
- Inspect grommets inside backwash flow controller and replace if needed.
Every two years
- The parts inside the valves should be changed.
- The mechanical seal of the pump should be changed.
Every five years
Normal Wear & Maintenance
Filtering media (microsand), if properly used, will not require replacement before 5-7 years of operation. Normal wear of components, such as valve seals, is to be expected. If well maintained a Vortisand filter can remain in service for up to 30 years.
*Normal wear and maintenance may vary when taking into consideration inlet water quality and application.