Two plates on a filter press can be confusing when it comes to changing the filter cloth: the tail plate and the head plate.
Luckily the head plate does not require any cutting for the center feed.
- For a gasketed filter plate, you must first remove the plate from the filter press. If the filter press is small enough you can lift the plate out and place it on a flat surface. If you have a large filter press you will need a mechanism for lifting out the filter plate.
- Take a screwdriver and pry out the existing filter cloth.
- Clean the plate thoroughly. Remove all grit and solids from the plate so you can put the new filter cloth against a clean surface.
- Place the new cloth along the gasted on the filter plate. Using a nylon wedge and a hammer - or better yet, an air hammer - begin pounding the filter cloth into the groove. NOTE: Do each corner
first. Do not start in one spot and work your way around the filter
cloth, otherwise the cloth will bunch up at the end.
- Put the filter plate back in your filter press.
Watch the short video below to see, in 2 minutes, what this process looks like.Back to FAQs