A feature unique to the SeaCURE™ system is the option to have the system operate in a Marine Growth Protection System (MGPS) (Chloropac® system) mode when not treating ballast water. Bio-fouling control of the main and auxiliary cooling circuits using the SeaCURE system Dual- Purpose Option is highly effective and offers several benefits:
- Increases the cooling system efficiency and associated fuel savings
- Replaces expensive Cu/Al anode system
- Requires no other MGPS system installation or stored chemicals /consumables
- Reduced cooler cleaning / maintenance requirements
- Increased Return On Investment (ROI):- the BWMS becomes multi-functional
- Tried and Tested technology: Chloropac has been used for MGPS on vessels for over 50 years
In MGPS mode, the SeaCURE™ system electrolyzer unit operates at reduced power, injecting a continuous low dose of Sodium Hypochlorite (maximum 0.5mg/L) directly into the sea- chests (the dosing requirement is automatically adjusted to sea water flow by monitoring the number of pumps in operation). As with standard ship board Chloropac® systems, the low dose level does not require the degas system in operation and is bypassed.
Fouled heat exchanger tube stack Same tube stack after installation of Chloropac®
By utilizing MGPS it significantly reduces the need for regular maintenance. Cooler tube stacks would not require regular cleaning resulting in less downtime.